Being a photographer (or any small business owner for that matter) means wearing MANY hats. Photographer, editor, culler, bookkeeper, accountant, emailer, equipment tech, keeper of the peace, blogger, SEO expert, the list is endless! It’s no secret that running a successful photography business and having a life seems next to impossible most days. So, I want to ask you a question. As a photographer, are you editing your own photos? Or, have you seen how amazing it is when you invest and outsource custom photo editing? Photographer’s Edit can take away all the stresses of editing so you can get back to the things you LOVE (like taking pictures).
If you find that you are working countless hours on each wedding or session and your clients are waiting weeks for their images, I would highly consider thinking about handing off editing your full galleries to an editor! Here’s my story about all of this.
A Constant Cycle of Chaos to Calm, Consistency
In 2015, I was in a constant cycle of chaos. I was a photo editor for a company by day (editing commercial work) and editing my own photos for my weddings by night. It seemed that I was spending every waking moment in front of a computer. And very little time actually taking pictures. That is not what I signed up for!
When the time came that I could no longer edit another photo without being on the verge of tears, I knew it was time to ask for help.
Enter: Photographer’s Edit
I outsourced my first wedding to Photographers Edit at the end of 2015 and my life was changed.
Before working with an editor, I felt like a machine. And I had no time to breathe or do the work that I loved. Of course, in those days I had no presets and system in place WHATSOEVER. My shooting style was all over the place, so editing took a LOT longer than it does now. But, bringing an editor into my business was a game changer.
In 2017, I started working with a private editor. This particular team had dreams of going full time as a husband and wife team. They were looking for some extra income in order to make this dream a reality. And I’m all about supporting people’s dreams!! So, I switched to solely using a private editor. But! I still HIGHLY recommend Photographer’s Edit to anyone who’s looking to outsource their editing.
This code Ref869uT8Li on their website: Photographer’s Edit will actually get you 50% off your first order of $20 or more, and it’s solely benefitting you!
Why Photographer’s Edit is AMAZING.
For years, I’ve followed the Photographer’s Edits’ blog and podcast (Bokeh). Of which, I’ve had the honor of being a guest, twice! I wholeheartedly recommend them as a company and here’s why:
- They match your style and give a speedy return of your edits with very little tweaking needed. (3-5 days is the typical turnaround time. Premium members get access to their own dedicated editing team.)
- They value everything I believe to be truly important, such as…
- Relationships – their mission (just like mine!) is to give you your time back so you can spend it with the people you love.
- Getting time back for yourself. The team at Photographer’s Edit knows that self-care is often the first thing to go as a business owner. They’re dedicated to doing the work you don’t have to do so you can focus on filling up your own cup. That way, you can continue pouring into others.
- Consistency. They dedicate a team of editors to each of their clients. Therefore, you are getting a consistent edit that matches your style every time.
- Quick delivery times. As I already mentioned, they deliver your images within 3-5 days. This ensures that you are getting them back to your clients while they’re still excited about their wedding day.
SO WHAT’S NEXT…
Hiring an editor to take on the bulk of my editing was a game changer for my business and my life. It helped me continue to grow my business without the growing pains. And it let me focus on the things I LOVE doing. Like, taking care of my clients, taking pictures, and being more active on my blog. It was one of the best things I did in 2015, and I have never looked back.
If you’re wondering if it’s right for you, I recommend TRYING it out first. Word of advice? It won’t be perfect the first time around. You’ll have to tweak, edit, and give feedback until your editor really understands your style. But MAN. Once they do, your world will open up.
I’ve had the honor and pleasure of connecting with Photographer’s Edit CEO, Nathan Holritz on multiple occasions at the Showit United Conference. Every time I’m completely enthralled by our conversations. He has so much heart for what he does. Which is why I’m so excited I get to celebrate and share companies like his with you.
You can learn more about Photographer’s Edit here.
And you can read Nathan’s post on How to Get Things Done Quickly and Easily here.